Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Fun with RunKeeper

RunKeeper is my go to app for recording workouts. It has been for almost a year now for the simple fact that I can take one item (my phone) which takes care of 1) my music and 2) my workout data. The greatest feature of this app is the customizable audio cues relating to anything from current heart rate to average pace. It also doesn't interrupt my music to tell me the information, which is great when I'm cruising along on auto pilot, rocking out to some System of a Down, or my new favorite Trust Company.

Though I often use the app for runs and occasionally hikes, today I decided to have a little fun and get some data on my lawn mowing activities. Overall, I was very pleased with the accuracy of the map: when zoomed out, it appears to "color in" my entire property. I was much less pleased with my pitiful average pace. It was however, fascinating that covering my entire lawn is just over a mile total.




No comments:

Post a Comment