Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Sabotage

I've done it: pretty much ruined my chances for qualifying for Boston this weekend.  It didn't happen overnight however.  Over the past four weeks I've eaten too much, drank too much, and run too little.  The last part of those wasn't entirely a dumb decision, as I've been having issues with shin splints on my left leg, and rest has been a priority in order be able to complete all 26.2 miles just 5 days away.

I'm definitely happy with what I'm still capable of, given the way I've (poorly) executed training and nutrition over the past month or so, gaining close to 10 pounds in the process.  With that said, the new goal is to simply go Sub 3:30.  I'm planning on taking it easy for the first half, keeping my HR around 155-160 and if that goes well, maybe push it a bit for the final 13.1.

My progress will be posted automatically on my Facebook Page and Twitter Page at mile 7, 13.1, 18 and the finish line.  Follow along on Sunday for all of the St. Patty's Day action...good, bad or ugly!



No comments:

Post a Comment