Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Fuzzy Buddy

One of the things I love about geocaching is being able to do it whenever it's convenient.  Many days in my office job, I eat lunch at my desk while working, leaving a free hour to go out and find a cache or two.  On a recent "lunchtime geocache run", I ventured across the Susquehanna River to Wildwood Park in search of a new cache put out on one of the many boardwalks over the marshy areas around the lake.  Since I'm usually pressed for time, the walk to the cache site is normally brisk and this day was no exception, until I came across this fuzzy little buddy speeding across the paved path:


This is the Imperial Moth in its larval stage, and although I've never seen it before, is quite common.  The thing that struck me about this guy was the size though!  As you can see from the photo below, he's (she's?) 4-5 inches long, and would provide a different kind of lunchtime entertainment on a show like "Man vs Wild".


This encounter was one of those that you don't expect, but the spontaneity is the fun part of it.  And for the record...I found the cache and made it back to work in time, even with this small break - good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment